Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Man Dies In Fire Caused By 'Boiling Ring'

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Man Dies In Fire Caused By 'Boiling Ring'

According to the investigation carried out by the Agency's ERT at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that boiling ring was being used at the last room on the top floor led to the outbreak of fire that engulfed the whole building....






The Agency received a distress call at about 10:40 am on (13/09 /2016) regarding a fire incident at No 5 Aborishade close, Lawanson, Surulere. This prompted the immediate activation of the Agency's ERT to the scene of the incident.

According to the investigation carried out by the Agency's ERT at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that boiling ring was being used at the last room on the top floor led to the outbreak of fire that engulfed the whole building
Unfortunately, a man aged 80 years old identified as (Godwin oyia) lost his life to the inferno as he was burnt dead in the room where the fire started from.


The whole of the top floor of the building was completely burnt down, however the down floor was salvaged by the combined efforts of the Agency's ERT, the Nigeria Red cross and the Lagos State Fire Service (Isolo division, alausa division and Ilupeju division ).

The Agency's ERT, Nigerian Red Cross, Nigeria Police force (itire division) and Lagos State Fire Service (Isolo division, Alausa division and Ilupeju division ) were responders at the scene of the incident.
The dead body was recovered by the Agency Emergency Response Team and handed over to the Nigeria Police Force. 

The General Manager LASEMA Mr. Michael Akindele said proper investigation said proper investigation would be conducted on the incident, he however advised Lagosians to ensure safety by switching off all electrical appliances when not in use at home or in the office.
Culled: Facebook








20 comments:

  1. How careless people could be! Only God knows what he could be doing that made him forget he plugged a ring boiler on his socket. R.I.P OLD MAN....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This ring boiler is not even advisable to be using anymore. I would have been a victim burning another man's house wen I was a little younger, my own case was the ring boiler was on a plane ground, very red, I mistakenly plug it thinking it was the television set I pluged, later on when I saw it so red, I tried to get to the plug to pull it out, it busted everywhere was full of smoke.i just thank God then. I wish it was on a rug or a carpet ground I mistakenly placed the ring boiler, the story would ve been so different and would have put my poor parents in a deep shit.

      Delete
    2. I'm surprise boiling ring still exist. This is so sad

      Delete
    3. People should go for electric kettles, is more preferable to that ring boiler........

      Delete
  2. Wow, so sad, rip to the dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor electrical work was probably done in the house. Lord have mercy. May his soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may not be be, my neighbour's room in school caught fire cos of boiling ring, she plugged water and forgot to remove it cos thr was no light when she left for school, when power came bk, the bucket of water boiled till it dried up, the hot ring melted the bucket and then set d rug ablaze. Thank God we were around to break d door on time, she even had camp gas in her room

      Delete
  4. Na wah!

    May he rest in peace.

    #WhiteDiamondOut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad, sad, sad. What a loss. May his soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow

    People still use boiling ring?? That thing is as dangerous as using candle. I can remember growing up and how my mom will go back to the house after we have reached our destination just to check if she unplugged it..

    Boiling ring should be banned. Very dangerous

    Rip to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RIP. Na wa. What a wicked way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do people still use boiling ring? Eyah. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't remember the last time i saw boiling ring.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of StellaDimokoKorkus.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210329280