Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Amala’ Meal Ends Life Of Woman And Her 3 Children,2 Others..

..

Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Amala’ Meal Ends Life Of Woman And Her 3 Children,2 Others..

Six people, including a mother, three of her children and two of their neighbours, on Tuesday lost their lives in Ogaminana area of Okene in Kogi after eating a meal made from cassava flour, popularly known as ‘amala.’



The Public Relations Officer of the Adavi Local Government, Mr. Abdulhamid Salahudeen told newsmen on phone that three of the victims died on Tuesday at the Okene General Hospital while the woman and two of her children had earlier died on Monday in their house.

Salahudeen said that the woman died along side three of her children, two sons and a daughter, adding that two male children of her neighbour that partook in the meal also died .

He put the ages of the dead five children at between 9 and 15 years.
Salaudeen said that the mother had in the evening of Sunday, October 30 brought the cassava flour (white Amala) from her farmland at Ohuepe village.
He said that the woman prepared a dinner from the cassava flour for the family and extended the food to her neighbour.
The officer said the victims later went to bed but developed severe stomach pain over the night which later resulted in the death of the woman and two of her children.

He said that neighbours who sensed that the sudden deaths might be due to the cassava flour dinner quickly rushed the remaining three children that partook in the eating to Okene General Hospital where they died on Tuesday.

Salaudeen stated that the authority of the local government believed that the cassava flour was poisoned and had informed the police for appropriate action.
A senior nursing officer at the Okene General Hospital, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the death of the three victims at the hospital on Tuesday .
The nurse said that the victims were brought in late Monday afternoon.

PM NeWS



43 comments:

Alloy Chikezie said...

They died because they ate Amala? This can't be true, someone must have poisoned them.

Your comment will be visible after approval.

Anonymous said...

Chai eiyaaah this is so sad

God protect us from what we eat ooo


Missylynn

Odus said...

So sad

white Berry said...

Hmmmm may this never be our portion ijn because if nt poison what is nw the cause of their death? I guess they re living in a face me I face you kind of house where their kitchen is being shared if not this kind of a thing wouldn't happened in an organized compound. Dis is a big lost. I really feel for them. Rip to the death.

Tetrina said...

Oh dear....

Rocky said...

This is sad, very sad!!
Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord....

radiant D said...

So sad

nzube izuu said...

So sad.

Anonymous said...

Stella,a meal from cassava flour is called lafun not amala. Amala is a meal from yam flour.

peace maker said...

RIP

Dietitian Nezz! said...

Ooh My jezzz...chai the cyanide in that cassava killed them!

Dat Cute Little Angel said...

So painful....six lives gone just like that

IJAY said...

So sad, what would have really caused this?sure they have been eating from that same amala before, God please continue guiding us

crystal said...

Na WA o, iheneme

Chidinma Gift said...

Chisos may their souls rip

LUCILE COCONUT OIL ABUJA 07059605320 Pin- 2BC6235E said...

Hmmmmmm

Mao Akuh said...

This is really really really SAAAAAAD

modela6 said...

the flour must have been contaminated from the farm it's not necessarily an human poisoning the food

Uzu Anwuli said...

may their soul rest in peace.my love for amala can't be diminished.sigh,just give me amala,gbegiri and ewedu with plenty of shaki,fukun,round about and isan eran.#food mood#

Pipi Lee said...

White berry ehhhhhhhhh, stopeeeeeet na.

James' hater said...

I don't think anyone got them poisoned. I don't know how to process amala and I've not tasted it before and I'm not planning to that. If it's really the amala that got them killed, their relatives should take the remnants to a lab to get it tested. You don't just sit at home and draw conclusions. A pathologist should also be involved, so the true cause of their death will be known

Pipi Lee said...

Really sad.

porch baby said...

so so sad to hear may their gentle continue to rest on

blessing favor said...

Hmmmmm, may their soul find eternal peace.

James' hater said...

And let the perpetual light shine upon them.

Anonymous said...

Almost every time people die after eating amala, check the story very well, it's the white amala. The process of preparing the black amala ensures that it stays on fire for some time while the white amala is made with boiled water, off fire. Mind you, white amala is flour, not garri that has been fried. I don't really know how to explain this, but that stuff needs to be cooked thoroughly on fire before eating. I love white amala and when i make it, i make sure it goes on fire, i don't care how it turns out, as long as it is safe.

Princess Scheherazade said...

Cyanide poisoning?
Very sad.

porch baby said...

this is so sad to hear, that's why we all need to be very careful of whom we share food with. may God keep us all save and sound. may their soul rest in peace

charitybino said...

Ah. So sad. May they rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

So its only people DT live in a face me aparte DT are prone to being poisoned abi?u DT is living in an organized compound how is ur life?

Stella maris Baby said...

What a sad news.

Starjoy said...

Very sad! May their souls rest in peace.

Kim Kardashian Aka portable queen of sdk blog said...

Is food poisoning

BEDS AND ROSES said...

RIP to them.
I just hope there's no foul play in this matter. Hope the woman wasn't fraustrated with economic hardship and decided to take this route. They shld investigate her mental disposition in days before dis. ( I forget say we no get CSI for naija).
Or could it be the cassava plant used was sprayed with insecticide. Who knows, poor kids.
And for the neighbours kidsss. Hmmmmm
This is exactly why I don't let my baby eat out in anyone's house except it's my parents house. This is just sad. I feel for the kids involved especially.

Anonymous said...

Cassava that is not properly fermented contains a poisonous substance called cyanide, it's possible that the family ingested amala dat wasn't properly processed.

Boldnburiful Skincare...join our organic skincare n promixing clases. 08054153798 said...

What a loss! So sad.

Loveme Jeje said...

And i want to eat amala today. May God help me.

RIP to the family. Painful

Anonymous said...

Same thing came to my mind

PinKy berRy said...

This is so sad.
It could be excess cyanide consumption

Anonymous said...

That's Lafun. Amala is made from yam. Not cassava

Bold Marehi said...

What a loss. May their soul RIP

Anonymous said...

Choi!!!....is a big loss**whiteberry, not lost.After happened, then lost- smal smal na....dont bother thanking

Anonymous said...

Cyanide kwa?sims u watch to much American movies,try Naija own OK?u would then learn ow to comment in beta terms

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...