Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Dasuki ALLEGEDLY Speaks From Detention;Opens Up On 2015 Elections,And Boko Haram

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Sunday, 16 July 2017

Dasuki ALLEGEDLY Speaks From Detention;Opens Up On 2015 Elections,And Boko Haram

Hmmmmmm....



Incarcerated former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd) has spoken of the prompt intervention of the regime of President Goodluck Jonathan in tackling the Boko-Haram menace and recovering dozens of towns and villages which led to the smooth conduct of 2015 general elections in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria.

Dasuki stated this from detention in his foreword to a 308-page new book titled: “Boko Haram Media War- An Encounter with the Spymaster” written by Yushau A. Shuaib.


“In the war-front are evident success stories which Shuaib has mentioned in some of the articles that featured in this book, especially on media relations, self-censorship, gallantry in recovering dozens of cities and towns among other declassified revelations,” he said.

Dasuki said: “In fact, without our intervention in ensuring the defeat of Boko Haram, the electorates could not have had the opportunity to exercise their franchise.

“It is a fact that we provided peace and stability that afforded Nigerians, especially in the North-East in voting for their governors, legislators and others in the 2015 elections.”


He noted that apart from the ‘Soft Approach Programme’ initiated for countering terrorism through de-radicalization without the use of force, the administration also introduced and implemented programmes for economic empowerment, education, communication, rehabilitation and counselling in the North-East.

According to the former NSA, “Crisis Communication, as one of the components of general campaigns, was initiated to win the heart of the citizens, boost the morale of the troops and weaken the fighting spirit of the terrorists.”

“On the media campaign, Yushau Shuaib who came highly recommended had been disengaged from the public service but was immediately re-engaged by the system to act as Chief Consultant on Crisis Communication.


“From the theories of Mass Communication, we deployed practical aspects of Crisis Communication throughout the


Dasuki posited that sensitive security issues were handled in a most professional manner, with strict adherence to confidentiality to avoid compromising national security.

He further said that “In strategic communication for crisis management, especially in confronting the Boko Haram, the media was a major tool in the campaign against the insurgency.

“There was thorough, timely and responsible reportage of the campaign. Some of the media played very strategic roles at great risk to their lives in the successes recorded, especially by our forces in the war against terrorism”.

He said as part of efforts in ensuring the mutual relationship with the media stakeholders, a 17member Forum of the Spokespersons of Security and Response Agencies (FOSSRA) was established with representatives from the military, security, intelligence and response agencies.

He added that through the media component of the War on Terror, Yushau Shuaib and his team carried out various activities including issuance over 3000 media contents including newsworthy items and publications, exclusive news placements and editorial control of sensitive reports, hosting of timely and regular Press briefings, social media engagements, amongt others.

Dasuki stated that while Shuaib’s narration covers only one of the great strides in the media campaigns, he appealed to media practitioners to embrace the challenge to examine other areas of the interventions such as the Soft-Approach Programmes, Strategic Alliances and Military Operations that the erstwhile regime carried out successfully.

He commended the author for his courage and boldness in the face of the current situations in the country and for his principle and consistency in stating the obvious and indeed the facts in the book.

Yushau Shuaib, in 2013, ran into trouble over one of his writings and was compulsorily retired from the public service when a cabinet minister lodged a complaint.

From dailypost

11 comments:

blessing David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Waka pass. This matter get serious K-leg

Yori Yori Princess Loveme Jeje said...

Na wa. God bless us all Amen

sholetoga said...

Na real wa......

sholetoga said...

Na real wawuuuuuu

Rappakatakata said...

Someday even the deaf shall hear the whole truth.

sisi eko said...

So tbis man is still in detention 🙄

Anonymous said...

More people have been killed by Boko Haram under this current Buhari-Osinbajo administration than in all the previous administration's combined. And that is not counting the victims killed by so called Fulani herdsmen kinfolk of Buhari. Those are the facts. Nigerians use your brains.

Ossai John said...

Truth is something you can never cover.... Buhari who suffering this man because he wanna take revenge, wheres he today?? at times we should learn to forget the past no matter how much it has hurt us.. I strongly believe GEJ administration did his very best for North and Nigeria

KIDJO said...

Blessing, please say what you know ok,How did he kill them? Did they purchase the so called weapons or not? Go and do research before you come here to speak based on hearsay.
In war there must be casualties,And Nigeria was been attacked by friendly enemies. I was opportuned to be at the N.A.F training facilities Jaji, Kaduna around 2014/2015.infact I was around there when the girls were kidnapped on the 14th of April just to let you into how much I know, Did you know that Jonathan wasn't informed the very day the girls were taken until after some days, now ask yourself why?
Jonathan bought fighter jets and even brought in foreign instructors to train our NAF pilots,but all these weren't taken cognizance of because some important cabals were hell-bent to push Jonathan out of office by fire by force for so many reasons. One of them was the renewal of the license to the oil wells which was gonna expire in 2016, an info got to the cabals that Jonathan had plans to block their license and enable more Southerners access to the oil wells license. This didn't go down well with them and they had to do everything within their powers to push Jonathan out and place someone there who was gonna do their biddings (renew their licence to the oil wells without much addo)
Dasuki shouldn't be in jail while Alex Badeh is walking free. Alex Badeh embezzled so much money from the NAF treasury.
So dear Blessing David, Dasuki didn't kill anybody ok. He wasn't incharge of the Nigeria's armoury. You should be holding those incharge of the Nigeria's armoury as being responsible for the death of any soldier due to the substandard bullet proof and helmets distributed to the innocent soldiers who put their lives in the line for us against the Boko haram(I lost about 4 friends to this war)😩😩😩😳😳😳😳.
God bless the Nigeria Army
God bless Nigeria.

KIDJO said...

Amen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...