Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Alleged Killer Of Elegushi Royal Prince Has been Found and Remanded

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Alleged Killer Of Elegushi Royal Prince Has been Found and Remanded

A 29-year-old, Adekunle Lawal, who allegedly gunned down a man, Yusuf Elegushi, a prince of the Elegushi royal family in Lagos, was on Friday remanded in Ikoyi Prison on the orders of an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court.






Lawal, whose address was not given, was arraigned on a two-count charge bordering on murder.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Oluyemisi Adelaja, who gave the ruling, said the accused should remain behind bars pending legal advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPPs).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Yusuf, a graduate of Business Administration from the University of Lagos, was the son of a Lagos High Chief, Muritala Adedoyin Elegushi.

Earlier, Police Prosecutor Chinalu Uwadione told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 17, 2016 at 7.30 p.m. at Solution Base Bus Stop, Alagutan in Lekki.

He said the accused had shot Yusuf Elegushi on the head while he was trying to rescue a victim who had earlier been shot by Lawal.

The offences contravened Sections 223 and 233 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

The case has been adjourned until Oct. 20.

from thenewsnigeria.


3 comments:

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of StellaDimokoKorkus.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210329280