Good morning! .....
- The Kaduna State Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Mohammed Abdullahi, has claimed that the immediate past government of Mukhtar Yero lavished over N2.1bn on sweets, juice and chocolates to entertain visitors in 2014 alone.
Abdulahi also claimed that the previous government also squandered another N2bn on training and retraining of workers who did not need such training.
- The Presidency has insisted that two Supreme Court Justices and four others currently facing trails must be suspended.
The FG also frowned at Chief Justice Mahmud Mohammed’s claim that the Judiciary had issues with the Department of State Services (DSS), not the Federal Government.
- The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has called for thorough investigation into the alleged purchase and distribution of vehicles by his predecessors.
This decision was following the discovery that retiring officers, including former IGs and Deputy Inspectors-General of Police, were in the habit of appropriating police vehicles for their personal use.
- The Deputy Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Capital Market and Institutions, Mr. Nwulu Tony-Chinedu, has stated that it was high time President Muhammadu Buhari reshuffled his cabinet.
According to the lawmaker, who represents Oshodi-Isolo II Federal Constituency of Lagos State, Buhari must pump new and experienced blood into the ailing system because the country was facing critical times and needed the best hands to rescue it.
-. One person was killed and several others injured after suspected Fulani herdsmen attacked Kaura local government area, the local government of Kaduna State deputy governor, Arc. Barnabas Bala Bantex on Sunday.
The deceased, identified simply as Friday was killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen during Church service in Tachira village of Fadan Attakar distrct in Kaura local government.
- The crisis currently rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the Ondo State took a dramatic turn on Sunday after one of the factional leaders, Jimoh Ibrahim, declared himself candidate of the party ahead of the election.
Ibrahim also accused the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, of rejecting his papers as the authentic candidate of the PDP.
-. Founder of Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has called on the body of Christ – the church to join the fight against economic recession.
According to him, the church had the ability to bail out nations, influence public policy through God-inspired economic principles and strategically position human resources to implement its principles.
- The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately probe the bribery allegations leveled against his minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi by Justice Sylvester Ngwuta and Inyang Okoro.
The party said the claims by the justices that Amaechi approached them to upturn judgment against the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayo Fayose at the Supreme Court should not be swept under political carpet.
-. The Lagos State Government would today arraign the key suspects arrested for the kidnap of the traditional ruler of Iba Town, Oba Goriola Oseni before a Lagos High Court in Igbosere on Monday.
According to Mr Adeniji Kazeem, the State’s Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, the four suspects — Duba Furejo, Ododomo Isaiah, Reuben Anthony and Yerin Fresh would be arraigned before Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo. They are to be charged with conspiracy, murder, armed robbery and kidnapping.