Lagos lawmaker and actor Desmond Elliot has raised alarm over alleged intimidation ahead of the APC direct primaries in Surulere.
In a video posted on X on May 17, 2026, he thanked President Bola Tinubu and the APC leadership for approving direct primaries but accused some party and local government officials of using intimidation, coercion, and threats to force support for a preferred aspirant.
He said some of his supporters working with Surulere Local Government had been sacked, others threatened with loss of benefits, and his own security detail withdrawn.
He urged members to stay calm and vote freely on May 20, insisting that everyone deserves a fair process since they belong to the same party.
He urged members to stay calm and vote freely on May 20, insisting that everyone deserves a fair process since they belong to the same party.


Oga no be by wearing Tinubu head your time has expired. Wetin you do for your people sef?
ReplyDeleteHe thinks na by constructing pako bridge ๐
DeleteResearch. It won't kill you.
DeleteDesmond gerrout ah hia..
ReplyDeleteNo go sidon for one place.
ReplyDeleteEzi Bida.
You were and have been part of the process so, this shouldnt come as a surprise. You effed big time according to your people.
ReplyDeleteSo pe oti lo ...
Was not the same intimidation that got him the present position - was the 2023 free and fair election in his constituency?
DeleteGod will judge all of you that makes life difficult for the masses.
Desmond, just abort that mission and support the candidate annointed by your godfather. Humble yourself and stay loyal, who knows, you may get a political appointment.
ReplyDeleteOga that was same way you got in. Desmond step aside in peace. You are about ruin your political career.
ReplyDeleteDesmond, enough is enough. you have spent over 10yrs on that seat, let someone else do it. Go and rest.
ReplyDeleteIf you like, call the President's name a million times, thanking him, you can't force this.
ReplyDeleteI hope Surulere people now know better.
Isn’t that what your party did on a large scale at the last elections? And you expected them to treat you differently?. ๐คก behavior . Very disappointing coming from him.
ReplyDeleteIs this man that daft?
ReplyDeleteThey said your time has expired!
Another Candidate has been anointed!
Save yourself this embarrassment and get back to film making Asap!
Let another person too do it. Aha! You will just be doing like tiff. So irritating.
ReplyDeleteMaybe he thinks it's hereditary entitlement, I don't know how some people can be greedy, turning himself to Mario and wants to die there, I pray as God lives, you will be disgraced and voted out at the primary election.
ReplyDeleteYou sef rest nau, ahn ahn!
ReplyDeleteIf you check well, that's how you got in,just step aside or go sew agbada with Tinubu's face,maybe he will hear you
ReplyDeleteI even thought he is a Christian but in that video he said if he wins Alhamdulahi
ReplyDeleteGreedy man ๐ก after 10 years of fake promises
ReplyDeleteCampaign after elections! Desmond learn to read between the lines. Your time don expire. I hope you pack money for rainy days ooo. You have been served breakfast.
ReplyDeleteMotto don leave am.
ReplyDeleteHe better move on.
Abeg shift. All these kind social media manipulation won't work. And you know it.
ReplyDeleteIf Surulere wants to squander a chance at having a ranking representative on the altar of a failed political coup which the people laughing at you were cheering when it happened, thinking it would affect Tinubu, take it on the chin and restartegize. Those who voted out Akpabio, Okowa, Omo Agege, Aduda and others termed all sorts of negative names are rushing to bring them back now because politics is not played with emotions. In every parliament in the world, ranking matters more than English and theatrics.
ReplyDeleteYou contested 3 times in a country where politics is highly sentimental. Gbaja also needed to secure his employment and the other house members were trying to save their necks after plotting. It happens. At least, now Obasa will need to rethink access for members to avoid those higher up from pushing plan Bs that I am sure they have already started identifying.
Na family matter,don't disturb us๐
ReplyDeleteI would advise Desmond to just accept what the "ogas at the top" have decided . The way he is going, he will turn himself to a political leper that no one will want to associate with. At least by being obidient (lol) he may be able to get some small government appointment after all ....at all... at alll na im bad.
ReplyDeleteDesmond , are u ds desperate , greedy & ungrateful? 8 or 10 years on that seat never do u? Until they send touts to deal with u mercilessly. If u no no wetin to do with d one u got, invest it in ur original craft (film). Abegi!
ReplyDeleteYou dey dine with devil you no use long spoon. Is that not what APC is all about?
ReplyDeleteBetter step aside.Must you do 4th term?
ReplyDeleteI wonder what he expects the lazy Nigerian youths to do.
ReplyDelete