Stella Dimoko NANS Rejects And Threatens To Protest Against NNPC Recruitment Requirements


Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Monday, April 01, 2019

NANS Rejects And Threatens To Protest Against NNPC Recruitment Requirements

The National Leadership of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has rejected the alleged anti-poor and anti-masses recruitment requirements of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

In a statement on Sunday in Abuja, by its National Public Relations Officer (PRO) Mr Adeyemi Azeez, NANS called on NNPC to withdraw all alleged anti-poor and anti-masses conditions within a 72 hours.

“Failure to comply with this ultimatum, NANS will move out en-mass to protest or shut down the activities of NNPC.

“The association will also not hesitate to expose many of the ongoing and recent past frauds being perpetrated by this corporation,” he said.

NANS alleged that it was a deliberate and well-structured resolve to play out many graduates, especially those from the poor background.

According to him, it is no longer news, that regular occurrences of incessant strikes have long marred the education sector of the country.

“Therefore, ordinarily an undergraduate that applied for a four or five-year programme will eventually end up staying nine or 10 years on campus pursuing a bachelor degree.

“NANS will not fall cheap of this deliberate attempt of disenfranchising majorly the real and qualified Nigerian graduates.

“These graduates, who have gone through rigorous stages within the Nigerian Universities and polytechnics, should not be disenfranchised of this opportunity”.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the criteria for Graduate Trainee among others require applicants to have graduated from an accredited University/Polytechnic/Monotechnic not earlier than 2014.

The criteria also required that applicants must not be more than 28 years as at December 31 2018.

The Nation


  1. I wanted to apply, I saw d criteria and I just weak.

    1. You or me? It’s crazy. I didn’t bother.

  2. NANS please stop your ranting. Every organization has d right to set their criteria according to what ever standard they Deem fit. Secondly why haven't you protested against the more strict criteria's set by other organizations? Or are those ones not worthy of Nigerian graduates?
    Personally I don't have a problem with their criteria and I am not from a wealthy home.

    1. NNPC is not private sector. They should not be seen entrenching these outrageous exclusion criteria.
      Especially, in a country where there is gross underemployment abd unemployment rate is so high.

    2. No they don't. We tolerate rubbish in this country .what does my age have to do with my ability to do the job

    3. Age shouldn't be a factor. In developed countries, it's illegal to ask someone his/her age during the recruitment phase.

  3. thank you NANS. my sister and tried to apply but the requirements was outrageous . I have never seen such wickedness. some part says you must have graduated from 2014. You must be 37yrs. Have 9 and 18yrs experience in oil and gas and so on. I prayed and cried like a baby and this is the result right here. it is not easy staying home jobles with kids to fend for. God indeed is a great God!

    1. who is this one. please drop my identity before you can be attended to haba!

  4. I am 28yrs old and just started my MSc, i hate to think that i may not be employed by NNPC because of my age, irrespective of what i have to offer.
    not everyone got into the university immediately after High school, some of us had to work and save up to sponsor ourselves...
    These criterias are just unrealistic and outrageous, i wish NANS will follow the process through.

  5. The criteria is just to discourage pple from applying.They already have their candidates. 70% northern am d d remaining 30% to be shared amongst d politicians

  6. I'm 36,nd I look so young,it hard to get job


Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact Via
Mobile Phone +4915210724141