Stella Dimoko Family Of 3 Wiped Out By Generator Fumes.....


Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Family Of 3 Wiped Out By Generator Fumes.....

Tragedy struck at a community in Imo State in the early hours of Monday as generator fumes wipe out a family of three.

The tragedy occurred at Umuoparaemeka village, Ugiri in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.

The community has been thrown into mourning early Monday when a husband, Lucius Iwunze, his wife Ngozi and their daughter Geraldine all died from inhaling generator fumes.

Village sources said a member of the extended family visited in the morning and noticed that the doors were still locked from inside.

He was said to have knocked severally without any response, a development that heightened his anxiety, thereby attracting the neighbours, who forced the door open.

Spokesperson of the Imo State Police Command, Orlando Ikokwu confirmed the development, saying that the police had begun investigation into the matter, adding that the Divisional Police Officer in the area led his men to the scene and found the lifeless bodies of the victims.

Preliminary investigation revealed that they died as a result of fumes (Carbon monoxide) emitted from a power generating set.

from the Nation


  1. What a sad news, is only God that can console their entire extended family.

  2. People should learn to be careful about this silent killer now.what a news to hear on independence day all because NEPA became never expect power always. Rip to the dead and fortitude to the bereaved

  3. One useless couple living in my compound did same.
    The smoke from the gen filled the whole rooms.
    We told them repeatedly about this thing time after time, till we had to start putting off the gen ourselves. Na so iyawo talk say she be craze person. On top people life!
    saying shit like they just repaired the gen and the smoke had to escape totally. She also stated that she was feeling hot and had to turn it on. Imagine, can you compare heat with fumes? Which is worse?

    What if people died in the process? Shouldn't the smoking process be done at the mechanic's?
    Some people are just so callous.

  4. I'm sure it is because of thieves it was kept inside.

    Comfort to all families affected

  5. If there's constant Light this Sad News wondn't have Happen.. Useless Nepa.. Rip

  6. And in many places in the world ppl do not even know what a generator is because they have always had constant electricity.

    Why can't the govt invest in solar especially for schools and government buildings and take pressure off the grid so more electricity is available for private citizens and businesses. What is the point of having oil in your country if you have nothing to show for it. Most countries are moving away from a dependence on oil, Nigeria will be left in the dark ages because it did not use the decades wisely when money was rolling in off of oil sales to uplift its nation and its ppl. A country with gas and oil without stable and reliable electricity, what a joke.

    1. Good analysis @15:01, at least we can hear from a sane person not all these air heads that comment here.


Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact Via
Mobile Phone +4915210724141