Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Adventures Of Oko Ashawo The Uber Driver - 37

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Adventures Of Oko Ashawo The Uber Driver - 37

I believe that miracles still happen and I witnessed one earlier this week. 







On Monday this week, I got a request from a woman who I picked up from her house around 7am. She told me to hurry up as she was running late for her management meeting scheduled to start by 8:30am. We were already close to her office when she suddenly asked me to park the car. She picked up her phone and made frantic calls to her children but they were not picking. 

According to her, she just remembered that she was making breakfast for her kids and left the food on the gas cooker without turning it off. Her 10 year old daughter and 7 year old son were still asleep when she left them in the house.


 Her husband left much earlier because of the distance and traffic to his place of work. By this time, the traffic situation was really bad as we hurried back to her house. She was so afraid of her children being chocked in smoke, trapped or burned alive. 


She tried to reach out to her neighbour but it was not successful. Eventually, we got there around 10am and she dashed out of the car into her apartment. Her first sign of relief was that the house was not up in flames. Surprisingly, the gas cooker was off because the gas finished in the cylinder.

 Her children were still asleep all the while and she didn’t bother waking them up. As I waited for her to join me in the car, I saw her kneel down singing with her hands raised  …. 
 

I have also heard and seen other cases of food forgotten on the fire..............


My neighbour got the food she was cooking badly burnt last week while watching TV. Thank God say she no burn house join. I’ve also had my fair share of this kind of experience while I was in the University. I got back to my room off campus where I stayed after reading in school tired and hungry. Of all things to cook, na beans I decide to boil that night. It was the banging of the door from my neighbours that woke me up later that night. I can never forget how that burnt beans smell remained in my room and clothes for days. 


Women that burn food while watching TV are the worst of this food burners lot but i will choose to focus on the miracle that the house did not burn down or anyone roasted alive while sleeping...


Yes oh,Oko Ashawo believes in miracles..............

35 comments:

  1. Wooow
    Thank God for averting disaster !!! God is indeed faithful ๐Ÿ™
    Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago, my mum was posted to another state,so she got an apartment there.
      It's one of the Oil cities and they had constant Power supply.
      One I morning, she boiled water and power went out so she forgot to off and unplug. She only took the water.
      She came back from work at past 4 as usual and when she opened the door there was smoke everywhere.
      Apparently, power was restored minutes before she came back and almost everyone had gone out to work.
      I'm still thankful to God.

      Delete
    2. Woooow anon !!!
      Only God could do that!!! My sis had a similar experience years back .
      Her househelp left the electric cooker on , while they left for church, when they got home every where was smokey ...
      We thank a lot of miracles for granted but if we search deeply we'd see the faithfulness of God.

      Delete
  2. Boys can cook beans eh ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

    I remember back in the days in the University, na beans boys sabi cook pass. Go to Hall 4 in Uniben, dem use beans swear for them ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคช

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hall 4 and beans!!!
      Thank you for the sweet memories.

      Delete
    2. Thank God for the woman,it would have been disastrous amd heartbreaking if anything had happened to the children.

      Delete
    3. Lol,hall 4 is hall for beans

      Delete
  3. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ Thank goodness

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was saved by the gas. I can only imagine what sad news it could have resulted into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for her and her children. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miracle e dey happen well well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God for lives saved.
    But how can kids, 10 year old, be sleeping till
    10 am? What kind of kids is she raising?
    And to think that she did not even wake them up?
    I remember at that age, my mom made sure we woke up 5 am
    during school sessions and 7 am during the holidays.
    Your work and academic work are all mapped out for you.
    And that is after morning devotion.
    ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Women watching TV and burning foods?
    Are those ones women or wives?
    And the issue is that they hardly watch any
    edifying programs these days. If it is not
    telemundo, it is BBN, some gossip talk shows
    or Keeping up with the Ks.
    Isn't it irresponsible for any lady to burn food
    while glued to the TVs.
    ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madam holly Nweje, with how holy you are one would expect you to skip this post. Na people like you go secretly dey watch BBN but still dey criticise the show, oriegwu.

      Delete
    2. @14:14
      So you even want to "censor" what I read on SDK's blog?
      Can you please define for me what "witchcraft control is?"
      ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

      Delete
    3. I knew you would crawl into this post! Most holy ANG that hasn't sinned before! Keep it up you hear! Always casting aspersions at women! As a Christian would it have killed you to thank God for the life of those children? No you wouldn't except to judge. Most holy I greet you o. Rubbish

      Delete
    4. @Vermilion
      I did not read where you attacked Oko ashawo told us how women burn their foods?
      Okay, you want me to write that women who get glued to TV and burn their foods
      are heroes?
      Okay.
      Heroic women, glue to tv, burn your foods
      Heroic women, glue to tv and burn your foods
      If you can, burn your house and everything in it
      too.

      I do hope Vermilion is happy now? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  9. Thank God her gas ran out. Miracles do happen

    ReplyDelete
  10. God be praised. She must have been very scared to death.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You that burnt food while sleeping nko?

    Thank God for the lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave him now, let him make excuses for his own while judging those who watch Telemundo as if it is not the same carelessness.

      Delete
  12. Thank God the gas finished.

    This reminds me of what happened in 2017, I went with my daughter to visit my parents-in-law. A day after, hubby came back and put beans on fire to cook, unfortunately he slept off, it was the neighbors in the first floor that perceived the smoke, and banged the door, only God knows what could have happened that night, the pot he used became useless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God it was miracle indeed. It can only be God.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah thank God for the woman and her kids o.
    That was how I put food on fire and they started showing iron rose 2 on telem..new episode o.na so I forget my food for fire e burn..Kai God save me and this iron rose o,soneti som I dream I'm acting in the iron rose.Thank God that stupid boy will soon be expose.i don't blame Altergracia for anything she's doing to avenge the death of Monica and Saul..me I can kill for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait for that boy to be exposed. I believe Monica is still alive sha

      Delete
  15. 3Amigos Bread @ 6 Okesalu St, Ikotun. 0813851632815 August 2020 at 16:17

    Awesome God.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My people I have 2 fire alarms in my house for precisely this fire reason. It has woken countless people up from sleep when they put food on and go to sleep. One is by my staircase and the other by my circuit box. Pls buy and put. E no cost at all. This Nigeria wey fire service no dey work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad nothing happened to them .they people hustle, especially in this Lagos eh, it can make you forget a lot of things

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210724141