Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Family Of Four Perish In Fire After Son Put Fuel In Lantern Instead Of Kerosene

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Family Of Four Perish In Fire After Son Put Fuel In Lantern Instead Of Kerosene

Oh Dear!!!






A father, Okon Esua Abanga and three sons were burnt to death in Calabar, Cross River State on Monday around 10 pm at Ikot Ekpo in Calabar Municipal Local Government Area of Cross River State.

An eyewitness, said the corpses have already been taken to Ukwa in Odukpani local government area of Cross River State for burial while the son who lit the lantern was seriously burnt to death.

“A daughter is receiving treatment at the hospital due to injury sustained during the inferno. The incident happened around 10 pm on Monday when the son of Elder Okon Esua Abanga who is preparing for his WASCE ran out of kerosene


“There were about six of them in a room and a parlour apartment
In fact, what makes the wife to escape the disaster was that when the son told her that there was no kerosene in the lantern, she told him to refill the lantern and in the process, the lantern exploded and it burnt the occupants of the house,” the eyewitness stated.


He said that immediately the explosion occurred, the force flung a daughter out to a distance. It was also gathered that there was a generator in the room and it may be responsible for the explosion.


According to Dailypost, suffocation may also be responsible for the death.’


“The dead children are all boys, one was a student of the University of Calabar and should be about 18, the other who was writing WAEC exams should be 16, then the other ones are said to be around eight and six respectively,” 


When contacted on Tuesday, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) DSP Irene Ugbo said, “It was a fire incident in the area. There was no electricity at that time

“The parent asked one of the victims to put kerosene in the lantern since there was no public electricity supply and instead of kerosene fuel was carried and poured into the lantern and it exploded,”  

38 comments:

  1. Omg!
    This is an unnecessary death that shouldn't be happening in a country.

    Lord save us from death by mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaiiii. This just messed my mind up. What a sad ordeal. May there souls rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbabe *their souls.

      A country with so much resources can't afford steady electricity supply, pathetic. May they rest in peace. Avoidable deaths.

      Delete
  3. So sad. May they rest in peace. πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! All because there is no stable electricity in this country. Very sad. God rest their souls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those eating power development money are eating blood

      Delete
  5. Blood of God!!!!what a tragedy. May their soul Rip😭😭😭😭😭😭
    This can make the woman run mad. How will she get over this???.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad. May their souls rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is heartbreaking πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”

    ReplyDelete
  8. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  9. πŸ™†πŸ™†this is heart breaking

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, this is total wipe out.

    If government had done their job, who will need lantern.
    I thought that every one is using rechargeable lamp now.

    May their soul RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a painful death.. Chai, RIP to them..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor woman. In one day, she lost her husband and her sons. I hope the family and community give her all necessary support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cruel way to die and to think the eldest son died on his birthday. After we had all wished the eldest son a happy birthday in a class group chat and he even thanked us all for the birthday wishes as at 9:47pm only to here the next day he's dead along side his father and 2 younger brothers. Continue to Rest in peace Mathias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so heartbreaking. It was an avoidable death! May their souls Rest in Peace

      Delete
  14. RIP to the departed. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My God this is really bad,A waec candidate should have known how flammable a petrol is nd d weight difference....
    Such a sad way to die..
    Rip to d victims
    My sincere condolence to the wife nd mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ave leave matter. ..which one is a weac candidate should have known bla bla bla. ..he may not have known that it was petrol he had in the keg....this is not the time to pass blames mbok

      Delete
    2. I feel he didn't out of the lantern while trying to refill.

      Delete
    3. Captain cutie I guess he should have known because the difference is very clear nd vivid,but I must agree with lovetoloveu that d lantern must have been on then,when he was trying to refill which is understandable that every could make DAT same mistake..I guess 100% dats d scenario DAT played out..
      But if d lantern is off nd he was refilling,he should be able to tell d difference by d smell nd lightness..considering he is matured enough to tell d difference.

      Delete
  16. What a sad death. This couldbe avoided but because of the country we are in, it happened...
    See sad....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really sad ooo..Rest in peace to them...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is disheartening
    Rip to the dead

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a terrible death....... May their souls rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sad, may their so rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh nwanyi ibem ka chineke kasi gi obi o

    ReplyDelete
  22. So Sad....May their souls rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  23. avoidable deaths with so many things wrong.
    a country with no electricity
    am sure he was filling the lantern with the light on.
    why put generator in the room? may their souls RIP and may God comfort that woman like only him can.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so sad.... May their gentle soul rest in the bosom of the Lord

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210724141