Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Former US President Trump Sues Facebook, Twitter And Google Over Social Media Bans

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Thursday, July 08, 2021

Former US President Trump Sues Facebook, Twitter And Google Over Social Media Bans

Former President Donald Trump sued Facebook Inc., Twitter Inc., Alphabet Inc.’s Google and their chief executives, raising the stakes in his battle against social media giants who have blocked him.










Billing the effort during a Wednesday press conference as a move to defend First Amendment rights; Trump filed three separate class-action lawsuits in federal court in Florida against the tech giants and Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter’s Jack Dorsey and Google’s Sundar Pichai.

The lawsuits seek court orders to restore his social-media accounts, along with punitive damages; to ensure other users can’t be banned or flagged by the tech giants. The legal team is being led by John P. Coale, a trial attorney involved in lawsuits against big tobacco companies.

“We’re going to hold big tech very accountable;” Trump said during the press conference at his Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey. “If they can do it to me, they can do it to anyone.”

Twitter permanently banned Trump in January for his role in stoking the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol Jan. 6 in a deadly riot to stop the counting of Electoral College votes for President Joe Biden. Facebook last month said Trump would remain suspended from its networks for at least two years; with the possibility of being reinstated in 2023 if risk to public safety has subsided.

YouTube, Google’s giant video service, also froze Trump’s account following the Jan. 6th riot. The former president’s videos are still accessible; but he isn’t permitted to post new videos. Susan Wojcicki, YouTube’s chief executive, has said that the company will reverse its policy when it decides that the “risk of violence has decreased;” without providing details.

Facebook, Google and Twitter declined to comment on the suits, which were criticized by tech-funded advocacy groups. NetChoice; whose members include Amazon and other tech companies, said the action shows a “deliberate misunderstanding of the First Amendment” and is without merit.

“President Trump has no case,” NetChoice CEO Steve DelBianco said in a release. “The First Amendment is designed to protect the media from the President; not the other way around.”
 from 1st news

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes his name is real Wahala!!Crazy man! He is lucky that he is still walking free after all the atrocities and craziness that he has done! This man nearly brings down the whole US with his crazy election results lies and thank God for Joe Biden being his opponent as if it has been any other person, Only God knows what would have happened in US and any more damage he must have done more especially with his past daily chaos while he was the President. Everything he touches collapsed and cannot wait for him to go away! This man belong in jail

      Delete
  2. But he was happy and in support with ban in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmaoooo, i thought he created his own social media app, what happened??
    Chief attention seeker. 不不不

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No patronage.. low patronage

      Delete
  4. Enter your comment...Dis man is a sicko

    ReplyDelete
  5. He should have read the fine print on the TOS agreement.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210724141