Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Boredom Eliminating Post

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Boredom Eliminating Post

200 comments:

1. Replies
    1. Same here ๐Ÿ‘† o, Chinese food!

Never again.๐Ÿค’

2. One food I ate in Kano whilst serving
    They call it patte
    I hope I got the spelling corrently?
    Mke una no vex biko

Replies
    1. I took this thing called massa or so in Northern Nigeria and it was a mess back then

2. @Vincent....massa is a good food jooor

3. @Vincent, Massa is a delicious food if its prepared by the rich Hausas

4. Massa hardly turns out bad sef. It's a nice meal (if u can call it dat)

5. @Vincent my brother, massa is still a mess.

For me: massa, ฤ™ko, okpa… I know it’s not food but fruit - soursop ๐Ÿคฎ makes me gag

3. Replies
    1. Lol...elede..can't imagine calling someone elede and u eating it again

2. Oh, my bad.. thanks anon

3. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:54

Awww.its delicious. Pork with palm wine or use pork to cook egusi soup

4. LMG you know what's up, though I prefer it grilled.

4. Breadfruit (ukwa) not sure about the spelling ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ

1. Really, that's one of my favorite

2. It's good now...very nice..tasted this at Unilag..I do buy it then at Underground bakery along that university road

3. Fada lawd.. ๐Ÿคฆ
      Paree Paree plsssss, I will gladly teach you how to cook and eat Ukwa. It's highly nutritious.

4. Hey God! So delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹

5. Ah! Ukwa is so delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹

6. Abeg my sister no talk this Kian thing again
      I take God beg you.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

7. Ukwa ke? Oooo chi mooo . That food na heavenly to me o. Paris please if you get am send some to me .

8. Just stopeet Paris๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Very nutritious.
      One of my favourite but very expensive now.

9. Same here o @paris. I don't like that food.

5. Replies
    1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:12

Which of the Agidi? Is it my beloved Agidi jollof?
      Lol

2. A specie of beans, I think black beans.

3. Akidi is a tender green beans, with ugba and vegetables on a boiled yam, heaven is your home.
      ๐Ÿ˜˜

6. Signapore noodles. Threw up when I ate it.

ReplyDelete
  7. Wara. When I served in Oyo state. These people hyped this food so much I decided to buy it as a substitute for for fish after CDS. I managed to eat a bit of it, not only did it taste bland, I experienced severe pains and aches in my joints and bones after eating it. I quietly picked out everything from the little pot of stew I made and disposed it.

1. Wara is Sweet now, probably the seller did not prepare it well that day

2. Wara is a good thing now..I enjoyed taking it most especially when fried..I learnt it from the North

3. Oh sorry,that should be beske, made from soya beans abi?

4. My people, my body has a mind of its own, what I like may not be what my body wants. I am used to it already.... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†
      Treasures, I don't even know the difference.๐Ÿคท‍♀️

5. Even beske too is good๐Ÿ˜‹

She ought to parboil the wara with salt before eating

I even eat it raw and it's ๐Ÿ˜‹

6. Ohh mine! My awara and yaji is bae

8. FISH!!!! Ate it when i was a kid, threw up, and since then i have never eaten fish!! Any kind of fish! As long as its fish, count me out.

9. Tuwo shinkafa..never again

ReplyDelete
  10. There's something Yoruba call egbo, they use corn with beans to make it. Ate it once and I hate it

1. Ehya and it's delicious if well prepared

2. You say wetin Treasures? If I was Esau this is what I would have asked for.. lol

11. Okoho soup. Jeez I felt like I was fighting taekwondo, so stressful to eat.

1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 18:57

Wawu

I loove Okoho soup o
      #IrepresentBenue

2. I can relate,that soup too draw ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

3. 1st I ate Okoho I loved it, dunno if I will be able to eat it again, if am given

12. Gosh bean soup I visited a friend and her mum insisted that I didn't puke right there remains a Miracle.

1. Beans soup is sweet ooo ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

2. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:28

Gbegiri? And its nice o ,add a lil bit of ewedu u r good to go
      Lol

3. Aww,give me beans soup and pounded yam and will be over the ๐ŸŒ…

4. My favourite soup in the whole world ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ....
      I am doing great thank you.
      My warmest regards to you.๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

5. @lagos babe and Merry ,no , proper beans don't know how it was prepared I was traumatised to be honest I just couldn't say no,I'm not adventurous
      when it comes to food.

@Ms Tee and BS hmm I'm not adventurous with food o and when it comes to food I'm very selective.

@Adire this one was prepared by a Kogi woman I don't know if it's the same thing o

@food really why is it even called soup when it's made from beans??? Lol
      Awwww sending you hugs good to know you're doing fine ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜Š

13. nodules.
    Tufiakwa
    Too much processed and I nearly fainted from hunger. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ReplyDelete
  14. Tuwo. I didn't like it when I tried it the first time years ago but I'll try it again soon. I'm grown now. There should be some sort of difference in my taste bud for it.

1. I didn't like it either but I can still give it a try

2. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:27

When i was in Bauchi,i ate Tuwo all d days i spent.

15. Okpa..How do y'all deal with that irritating thang mbok?

1. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ you are missing out

2. My delicious okpa di oku.

3. Yummy.... One of my best
      Okpa with thick delicious tea
      Okpa with chilled coke
      Okpa with ijebu garri and sugar
      Oh my sweet okpa

4. I have tried eating this several times,and still I can't deal

16. Replies
    1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:46

Pancake is bae.lol
      It depends on what you add

I usually add grinded pepper,margarine, egg,milk,salt n sugar in mine
      Taste is heavenly

2. Haa, pancake is sweet now

3. Ahhhhh ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

17. Neat Cut & designs12 September 2021 at 18:46

I think this Ibo opa, I don't like it at all.

1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:25

Ibo okpa i cannot finish one

If its Idoma Okpa,ehen,i can eat but if its Moimoi, i love especially Moimoi elemi meje ,that is Moimoi with 7 lives

18. Mine is Amala..I don't like it at all..so what I used as substitute is

The white rice used for Tuwo and Elubo funfun..u grind the rice and mix it with elubo funfun then prepare it..it looks exactly like pounded yam

Replies
    1. How can you not eat Amala as a Yoruba person?

2. My wife made it last night..I no kuku talk..just went to the kitchen and made eba myself instead of disturbing her

3. I like amala ooo...with ewedu and preppery stew! Chai

19. Replies
    1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:23

All these foods you mentioned i love dem all

2. Is it safe to say @Lagos mainland girl is a foodie???๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†... Babe na every food you like eh!!!

3. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 20:32

LOL
      @ Mark,mbanu o,i no like wateryam,crickets (those ones that comes out when it rains,and cucumber.

4. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑreally!!!@

20. One thing l will never, ever eat is that thing, they call Balut. Asians, mostly Filipinos and Vietnamese eat it.
    It’s a partially developed chick inside the egg. Those people, boil it and eat. Yuck!!

1. What???๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

2. Google it and see for yourself oh. Balut.

3. Google it and see for yourself oh. Balut.

4. Jeezzz ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

21. Replies
    1. Yummy with plenty smoked fish !

22. Brown rice๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

23. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:00

Maybe wateryam

Replies
    1. I hate wateryam too. Very weird food.

2. Me, I love it boiled with pepper soup ๐Ÿ˜‹

3. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:57

I also do not like those insects, they come out when it rains. Cant remember what they are called

4. We call it nwa mmiri or aku mmiri

5. I don't eat wateryam and I hate Aku with passion.

6. Please what is water yam do you mind explaining?

24. Chinese rice. I remembered years back when we went for tax audit in one of the five stars hotel at Kingsway Road in Ikoyi, when it was time for lunch naso this people served us Chinese rice with other side attractions, inside my mind I was like why would this people served us this kind food na, is it because we were all wearing suits? What happened to serving us pounded yam with correct efo riro or egusi? I never knew same thought was going through my senior colleague mind until he said it. We all laughed that day but then we enjoyed the 'side attractions' except the rice.

Replies
    1. the side attraction is actually what motivates me to eat the rice, without it I cannot can

25. Wanke or kenke something like that ๐Ÿ™„plsssssssssssssssssssssss I will pass

1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:14

I love Kenke
      Add onions,fresh pepper sauce and huge fried fish
      Lol

2. If it's wanke you meant it is so ๐Ÿ˜‹ with correct stew

3. Mmmmh I detest a lot or ghanian dish ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ always looking like sacrifice.

Unfortunately this is where we would be forever lol ๐Ÿ˜†

4. Kenke is Ghana food.

I ate it in Lagos and I vomited everything.

26. Gbegiri Soup, with one swallow of Amala, and that was it, l left the food unfinished that day.
    My father's late sister wanted to do my siblings and l, special Alejoo food treatment.
    I was in primary then and never again.

1. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

27. Replies
    1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:31

My beloved starch, best eaten with Banga soup,could be igbo or delta banga
      I loooove

2. @ Mor Abeg, l beg you well, well, which of the Starch abeg, nah beg l dey.....l hope say no be my Yellow starch on my Yellow Banga soup, with animal maximumly represented ?
      Eh l no fit believe wetin you dey try talk so, nah which tribe woman cook the first one wey you chop and nah which state you for chop am ?
      Banga get two branches
      1,Banga with meat, this one Egusi you go use do the thickener, imekpe go dey too, you fit still add smoked fish...like dat like dat, you fit add small shenkele bitter leaf here.
      2,Banga with seafoods, my sister carry apoti make you sidon hear this one,fresh fishes, imekpe, crab, the thickener for dis one nah like okra.....
      Then you go put beletete leaf, otaiko and rogoje spices for the two styles, with enough pepper.
      Your Yellow Starch too go don ready.
      Nah so you go serve everything inside clay plates.
      Banga for me this week be dat.
      If you leave outside Nigeria, try Mama's Banga paste.
      Thank you.

28. Mushrooms, never to pass my lips again.

1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:40

That mushroom ehn,i cannot understand it,i tasted it twice and that was it
      Some people substitute it for meat in soups
      I heard its healthy sha
      Obe Ishapa

2. I don't understand this packaged mushrooms we get in the supermarkets, they taste different from the ones I pluck in the village during raining season.The taste of the roasted mushroom is heavenly. These ones in Lagos I can't eat

3. the local mushroom is bae!

29. Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‹

2. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 19:41

My darling avo
      Good in salads

3. Avocado ๐Ÿฅ‘ with bread ๐Ÿž is bae

4. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ wait until I make you something nice out of avocado and we would revisit this ๐Ÿ˜‹

30. Replies
    1. I wonder how people cook this groundnut soup. Like how do u use groundnut for soup. I so hate it.

2. My sweet groundnut soup and atama soup ๐Ÿ˜‹

31. Everything i thought i didn't like before, when i try them now, they don't taste so bad anymore.

32. Banku...never again๐Ÿคข

Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ kai thank you for this o , they won't let me ,I'm not a fan .

33. Chinese fried rice and chips. When I traveled to UK and was excited when I saw the menu but had to trash everything and never bought it till I left

1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 20:34

Oh dear
      Money yaff waste,e pain me o
      LOL

34. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 20:17

Been waiting for someone to mention Okpehe or Iru
    LOL

I use both depending on my mood and what am preparing

35. Replies
    1. I heard it's healthy and helps fight cancer,
      Blend and drink.
      Will try it, it's good for a lot of things. Very healthy

36. Replies
    1. Lagos Mainland Girl12 September 2021 at 20:52

Wow

You can add ginger or dates to jazz it up

2. I cannot stand pap the sight alone makes me noxious

37. Replies
    1. Ukwa is very sweet and nutritious.

You are missing ooo

38. Ofada rice and it's Almighty sauce

39. Replies
    1. Wait until I cook beans ๐Ÿ˜‹ I'm a pro
      I started eating various kinds of beans lately .
      My best Is Lima and I suddenly love cooking beans .

40. Igbo food called ugbogulu

ReplyDelete
  41. Couscous ..my hausa fellow corp member gave me during my service in osun state, i threw up.. never again.

42. Amala n gbegiri ewwwww

43. Ebegiri and Amala
    Groundnut soup ๐Ÿคฎ
    Efokore ๐Ÿคฎ ( hope I got the spelling)
    Cocoyam
    Pap
    Tea (any type)
    Biscuits (I eat only chocolate cookies ๐Ÿช)
    Epakukor (calabar cocoyam food)๐Ÿคฎ
    Ukwa ( guess I have to try it again before I conclude dat I hate it)

ReplyDelete
  44. Abacha! Dunno if it's the one I ate oo.

ReplyDelete
  45. All this foods are okay for me oo.. na only mushrooms I never tried and don't think will wanna... Shout out to Lagos mainland girl.. u r "foodishly" mouthed lol

ReplyDelete
  46. I was in Frankfurt airport waiting for a connecting flight and saw a stand selling pretzels and said I had to have a real authentic German pretzel. I thought it was going to be similar to our soft pretzels that we are used to in North America, but it turned out to be hard and tasteless, like a giant rold gold pretzel. I told myself never again.

ReplyDelete
  47. I pray to eatvmost of the foods that many of you are complaining of here.i am igbo from anambra.the only 'outside' food i have eaten was starch and banga soup.it was during my final year week in the university.i was very hungry and our igbo group didnt prepare any food....igbo kwenu! so a delta classmate broughther cooler of food and gave me and some one or two classmates and we ate.i cant say anything about the food becos i was hungry.end.thank you!

ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via