Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: BOKO HARAM FIGHTER ARRESTED IN LAGOS

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Tuesday, 27 December 2016

BOKO HARAM FIGHTER ARRESTED IN LAGOS

Nigerians were told yesterday to be more vigilant after the arrest of a Boko Haram suspect in Ikorodu, Lagos.




Boko Haram terrorists, who fled Sambisa Forest after it was captured at the weekend, are believed to be finding their way into communities.
Chief of Army Staff Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, who broke the news of the arrest during the reopening of two Borno State major roads, which were shut in 2013 because of the insurgency, did not give further details on the arrest.


The Federal Government called for increased vigilance among Nigerians as Boko Haram escapees seek to integrate themselves into communities far and near.
Information and Culture Minister Lai Mohammed, in a statement yesterday, congratulated “the gallant troops of the Nigerian military for finally seizing the Sambisa Forest from the Boko Haram terrorists,” and urged Nigerians “to continue to support the troops as they clear the remnants of the terrorists who are now on the run”.


‘’We urge Nigerians to keep our gallant and victorious troops in their prayers, and to also imbibe the mantra of ‘if you see something, say something’ as a way of ensuring that no escaped terrorist is able to wreak havoc in their communities. It is also important to know that now that they have been dispossessed of their fortress, the Boko Haram escapees will intensify their cowardly attacks on vulnerable targets if only to maintain an illusion of terror. But there should be no panic because the worst is over.’’


Gen. Buratai urged troops to pursue fleeing Boko Haram terrorists and intercept them. He spoke before Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima cut the tape to re-open the two major roads – Maiduguri-Gubio-Damasak and Maiduguri-Monguno-Baga.


He told the troops: “You must maintain the momentum of the operation. We must pursue the terrorists wherever they are. We must not allow them to regroup.”
He said in spite of the takeover of the terrorists’ last stronghold in the Sambisa forest as announced by President Muhammadu Buhari, “we have no time to waste”.
The chief of army staff described the seven-year fight against the Boko Haram terrorists as “quite sober and touchy”, saying that a number of officers and soldiers had died in the war.

He prayed for the repose of their souls and vowed that the army would recommit itself to the fight until “remnants’’ of the terrorists are cleared.
Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, said the Northeast had been secured.


He also said insurgency had brought untold hardship on the people of Borno and the entire Northeast.
The information minister praised the military for the feat and hailed Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima for his unwavering support for the military and his administration’s determination to quickly restore normalcy in the state.
The minister’s plan to lead reporters to join Minister of Defence Mansur Dan Ali, the Service Chiefs and Shettima at the opening of the two roads was thwarted by bad weather which prevented them from travelling to Maiduguri.
‘’Unfortunately, due to bad weather, our flight to Maiduguri from Abuja was cancelled after several hours of waiting at the airport. However, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, accompanied by the top brass of the military, re-opened the two arterial roads.

 This is very significant because the two major roads, which were closed due to the activities of the terrorists in the area, are of strategic importance to the economy of the Lake Chad Region,’’ he said.

Mohammed said overall, President Muhammadu Buhari provided the much-needed impetus for the military’s victory, and urged Nigerians to keep supporting the President in his untiring efforts to restore peace and security across the country and also revamp the economy.

from The Nation


I was against posting BH news but the time is right now and i will only post News celebrating their downfall...RIP to all those felled by their bullets.



19 comments:

LEE70 said...

Hope there are not more of them in lagos hiding.

becky dolla said...

hmmm

Justyswt said...

Abeg boko haram, shld just stay in the north o. They shld not come lagos.

Ibukunoluwa said...

BH pls talk to urselves
Na everything I gree but I detest violence
Una know say I no put mouth for una matter since una start this madness
Make una carry una craze comot for here o

Ihekire Tony said...

Why spread fear, how many times will these people defeat book haram.

Ebony Ama said...

Wowm good news that is if it is true and not Zobo ooo cos lai M can lie for africa.

corisande said...

Haa! Chukwu aju!
Please God help them to be catching them one by one and sending them back to where they belong.
They must not regroup oh!

charitybino said...

OK o

LUCILE COCONUT OIL ABUJA 07059605320 Pin- 2BC6235E said...

Hope so too

Adekunle Anthony said...

Stella Love. Dem no catch uncle boko for Kaduna, Bauchi, Abuja, and every other states. Na for Ikorodu dem come catch dem...

Abeg be wise ooo. they have started spreading fear again and making us look like fools.

Adeniji Bisi said...

Boko wat


Mc pinky

Adeniji Bisi said...

Some stays very close to ur house...



Mc pinky

ladun samson said...

I hope the 'jollying'governor will take this serious by engaging relevant security agencies..

Jumiasalesagent contactme. said...

Na so soon now 'saicow' go release another video laughing at the side victory... Work full borno for medical personnels check medicalworldnigeria.com fear they catch me to apply. I no wan die

Anonymous said...

What r they doing to the families of officers that lost their lives?I ve a friend in the army that told me he doesn't want to die, he was so scared talking to me on the fone late in the night, he dint die that nyt, but his vehicle later ran in "MINE" on patrol in sambisa, rest on Danjuma, I miss u so dearly.

peace maker said...

I hope this is not another propaganda to divert our attention from economic hardship.

St.FranKooL.... said...

#Don't judge a situation you've never been in*

Francis ezekwonna said...

what of the chibok girls. it's logical to believe they have been all found by now. except the masses where fed a wrong number. or have they all reunited with parents?

Francis ezekwonna said...

what of the chibok girls. it's logical to believe they have been all found by now. except the masses where lied to then. or have they all reunited with parents?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...