Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Federal Govt Says Universities Can Now Organise Post-UTME

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Federal Govt Says Universities Can Now Organise Post-UTME

The Federal Government has said tertiary institutions can now conduct Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME)....



Minister of Education, Adamu Adamudisclosed this in Abuja.

He said universities, polytechnics and other institutions were free to organise post-UTME screening for those seeking admission.

Adamu however urged the institutions to make the fees affordable.

“We are going to allow universities to have some choice. Universities can now decide to organise post-UTME, if they want,” he said.

“We have asked them not to impose huge financial burden on the parents. The burden should not be more than what they can bear.”

The Federal Government had last year banned post-UTME exercise.

from the nation.

14 comments:

  1. And the extortion continues

    ReplyDelete
  2. This APC led government is just confused. Too much confusion surrounding this party.

    Chai i think our mumu don do for this people hand. Today do this, tomorrow dont do it na mistake.

    Na dem sabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a waste of a Government... How did we get here as a nation.. You pay exorbitant fee to write UTME and try to pass, some schools still impose humongous fees for post UTME, and yet the admissions are not based on merit but who you know afterall...

    What happens to JAMB sending the names of students for admission to the various schools based on their facilities and infrastructure if such students have passed the exams and qualify to be admitted..

    One step forward.. Two steps backward government ...
    God help us


    #JustPasserBy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.God help us,please who is in uniabj?please i need help?how do they conduct their post utme?help a sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news for them...they will resume legitimate extortion from students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons they went on strike, personal gain. I am sure the government agreed to this not to waste innocent Nigerian's students time.

      Delete
  6. See free license to extort...from our very own government!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... Benin will write I know... na to start wacking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Confused set of people called Nigerian government.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a set of confused people. The admission seekers and their parents bears the brunt of this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. anonymous gangster18 August 2017 at 00:55

    Could it be one of the outcomes of the ASUU strike? Strong arm the government into resuming the leeching they carried out on students? What percentage of kids get admitted compared to qualified applicants?

    ReplyDelete
  11. In fact sebate has outlawed post utme.any university still doing be it state or private or federal should be sanctioned

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of StellaDimokoKorkus.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210329280