Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Man And His Entire Family + Two Dogs Perish After Eating Ewedu Soup

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Monday, 23 October 2017

Man And His Entire Family + Two Dogs Perish After Eating Ewedu Soup

This is sad!!!!.......With no premonition, the family ate the soup went to bed, but never woke up again. The sumptuous vegetable soup allegedly killed them.





People in Dushai village along the Kagoro-Manchok road, in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State are gripped by grief and wondering how a local staple vegetable, jute, (and known among the Yoruba of Southwest Nigeria as ewedu and called rama in Southern Kaduna), which they have been using to make soup for centuries could have caused the death of a whole family in their community.

The family five, including an unborn baby, as well as two domestic dogs, perished the next day after consuming a meal made with the vegetable. The dead were identified as ex-police inspector, Peter Dauda, 43, his expectant 35-year-old wife, Dorothy, nine-year-old son, Godwin and six-year-old daughter, Patience.

A member of the community said the family had enjoyed their meal prepared with jute one night and went to bed. They woke up hale and hearty. Meanwhile before turning in that night, the used portion of the jute was spread on a container overnight. In the evening of that day, it was used to make a fresh pot of soup.


With no premonition, the family ate the soup went to bed, but never woke up again. The sumptuous vegetable soup allegedly killed them.

Narrating the sad incident, President of Dushai Community Development Association, Mr. Daniel Duniya Bosan said, “The family had prepared and eaten the jute leaves in the evening of Wednesday, September 6, 2017 and went to bed without any problem. But the remaining leaves were spread on a container and preserved for consumption the following day.

“Trouble started on Thursday, September 7, shortly after they had eaten the vegetable soup. All the family members started complaining of stomach aches the following day, which was Friday, and neighbours rushed them to nearby hospital.

“The jute leaves was suspected to have been laced with a poisonous substance by unknown persons. The first family member to die was their six-year-old daughter, Patience, who gave up the same Friday, while Dorothy, Godwin and their father, Inspector Dauda, died on Saturday, September 9.”


The community leader said the whole village was thrown into mourning when news of the death of the family in suspicious circumstances was broken to them.

He described late Inspector Dauda as a hardworking and peace loving man who contributed in no small way to the development of Dushai community by preaching unity and love among the people.

Saddened by the news of the family’s death, Kaduna State Deputy Governor Barnabas Bantex paid a condolence visit to the community.


edited from thesun

29 comments:

  1. Rip to them
    So sad



    Exam is over
    Am back here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewedu and Rama(Jute) are two different plants. Jute has a shining reflective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So will this your explanation wake them up, mtcheeew

      Delete
  3. This is the height of wickedness. Uwa mmebi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is terrible! What could have happened? Rip to them

    ReplyDelete
  5. God rest their soul. Evil everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  6. God rest their soul. Evil everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sad. It was definitely laced with poison. How do people keep what they will consume outside??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone must have poisoned them. RIP to the dead. Wicked world

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so sad. Wicked people all over the world. May their souls rest in perfect peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a way to die...Total wipeout. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This world is full of wicked people. Continue to rest in peace sir

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel for his wife and children. R.I.P. Nigerian police are wicked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly confused.....did you even read the first line of that write up☝....abeg carry your I must comment self out of here this early morning.

      Delete
    2. Feel ke

      They are all dead nah.

      Guess you didn't read till the end.

      May their soul rest in peace.

      Delete
  13. Na wah oh!...
    An ex police officer?...
    Will I say it's karma?...cos most of them are evil..
    RIP!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope karma would not also befall you and your family since you are all saints

      Delete
  14. The whole family!? This is very sad! Sometimes I ask, is fire(heat) not supposed to destroy any toxic substance in a meal after cooking at a certain temperature!?


    DontQuoteMe™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the quantity and type of posion

      Delete
    2. Fire ke?

      If na like that, sebi Lucifer for don die since.

      Delete
  15. An entire lineage wiped off,my goodness. Rip

    ReplyDelete
  16. What saddens me the most is the two poor dogs that died.

    RIP to both of them.

    I wish God could have saved them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. na wa o. so the death of the dogs saddened you more than the death of humans. I just hope this comment wasn't typed by the mother or father of the dogs.
      Yes, I know dogs are living things just as humans but how can you pay tribute to your family alone and ignore the human that housed and have been feeding them. Eranko lasanlasan ikeji aja

      Delete
  17. May be it's sniper because people tend to put it everywhere in the house these days and children could have been playing with it without knowing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Someone must have poisoned the ewedu. Wicked people everywhere..RIP to them

    ReplyDelete
  19. And the killer thinks he /she will go unpunished WHICH can never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why do people make insensitive comment to a sensitive post like this? May God help us. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wicked world we live in.
    RIP to the dead.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of StellaDimokoKorkus.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210329280