Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Court Remands Deji Adeyanju In Prison Until February 2019

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Friday, December 21, 2018

Court Remands Deji Adeyanju In Prison Until February 2019

A Chief Magistrate’s Court in Kano on Friday remanded Deji Adeyanju in prison until February 2019, after taking his plea and concluding that it lacked jurisdiction to hear murder charges against the political activist.







The police arrested Mr Adeyanju on December 13, accusing him of being complicit in a murder case from the 2000s. But PREMIUM TIMES confirmed, after a review of the case, that Mr Adeyanju was discharged and acquitted by the Kano State High Court following a lengthy trial that lasted between 2005 and 2009.


The police in Abuja held Mr Adeyanju in detention without charges for five days before moving him to Kano earlier this week.


The police in Kano arraigned Mr Adeyanju before Hassan Fagge on December 19, but ordered his remand and scheduled today for bail hearing.
But when the court opened at about 9:42 a.m. Friday, Mr Fagge said he had determined that he lacked the power to hear the homicide charges brought against Mr Adeyanju by the police, but said the political activist should be remanded in prison until February 6 when a higher court could be available to hear the matter.


Mr Adeyanju was subsequently moved to Kano Central Prison, his lawyer, Yusuf Suleiman, told PREMIUM TIMES Friday afternoon, condemning the move as a desperate move by the Nigerian
government to suppress a major critic a few weeks to the election.


“This is clearly an attempt to keep him unlawfully in detention,” Mr Suleiman said, adding that the matter was concluded nearly 10 years ago and should not have been picked up again by the police, much less taken back to court.


Mr Suleiman said the police in Kano are playing politics with Mr Adeyanju’s fundamental rights in a gruesome assault on the Nigerian Constitution.
After detaining him in Abuja for several days without arraignment, in violation of the Constitution that gives a maximum 48 years for such detention, “they now charged him for attempted murder which the magistrate said he has no power to hear,” Mr Suleiman said.




*They wanna keep him until after the elections?Oh dear!!!

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Release inside your pussy abi

      Delete
  2. You gotta be careful when u going against an ex-soldier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sealord, it’s not just about going against an ex-soldier. The guy is also a brutal liars and feed people with toxic info. Lies. We know he wants to be noticed after the PDP failed for him.

      Delete
    2. I seriously don’t understand how their brains are wired. Me, I cannot be cursing and shouting for anybody even if na my papa. Now thy he is in a mess, they have left him alone. Where are all the people he has been supporting? I just pity him because he is now OYO.

      Delete
  3. The plan is to keep him mute, in the weeks leading to election

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won’t just keep him mute until election. They will make sure that mirder case is pinned to him. He will be muted for a long time coming

      Delete
  4. Where is Charly boy his mentor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @anon this fight pass Bobo Charlie. Mirder case? Who wants to chook mouth?

      Delete
  5. Please make Una free this man ooo. Which kind wickedness be this? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210724141