Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Food Poisoning Kills 24 Family Members

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Food Poisoning Kills 24 Family Members

Sokoto State Commissioner for Health, Ali Inname, on Tuesday, confirmed the deaths of 24 family members after eating some poisonous food.








The commissioner said in a statement that the incident occurred on Monday in Danzanke village of Bargaja ward of Isa Local Government Area of Sokoto State.

He explained that the incident was caused by the use of a fertiliser type of chemical, popularly called “Gishirin Lalle in Hausa” as a seasoning in domestic family cooking, which was considered as common salt.

“Regrettably, the entire family who ate the meal lost their lives, except two female members, who merely tasted the food and are currently responding to treatment, with very good chances of survival.

“Attempts to save the lives of all the affected people by providing the needed medical care proved abortive,” Inname said.

The commissioner urged the public to learn from this incident and keep away such poisonous chemicals from easy reach.

He further appealed to people to always be cautious to prevent reoccurrence in their families.

He said that it was very important for the public to know that the incidence was preventable and not contagious, as it was extremely fatal, even with the best medical attention given to victims.

 from dailypost

22 comments:

  1. How can fertilizer be used s seasoning? I don't even what to say....
    It's really sad that 24 family members are wiped out just like that. It's more painful especially as it's preventable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls, what's lalle? I know gishiri is salt. Very unfortunate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't really know how to explain this to you but it's also used to seasoning one black soup like that in the north which I used in eating their Tuwo then

      Delete
    2. Lalle means Henna, the gishirin lalle looks like salt, no one cooks with it, they used it instead of salt probably thinking it was salt.

      Delete
    3. Their is one they call Lake in Katsina date which they use poo abi the thing na of two different types ni

      Delete
    4. Exactly @ Hannah2, no one cooks with gishirin lalle...it looks like salt, they must have used it instead of salt

      Delete
    5. Its used when mixing that black henna and it looks like salt so I guess it was jus a mistake

      Delete
  3. Oh my God....

    May their soul rest in peace..so painful

    ReplyDelete
  4. 💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
    May their souls rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sad.Rip to the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May their souls rest in peace.
    It's common in the north, even with this event, alot of them will still eat it today saying they've been cooking and eating it since. Ignorance 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need enlightenment and a solid education. I hope others learn from this situation, because if the death of 24 ppl doesn't open their eyes nothing will.

      Such a shame their government keep them ignorant.

      Delete
    2. Be calming down down, no one eats gishirin lalle in the north, it looks like salt, they mistakenly used it in place of salt.

      Delete
  7. This is so painful

    May their soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad! May their soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why can't the government prevent these chemicals from being sold in the market and
    save the lives of her citizens?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Education matters.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210724141