Stella Dimoko Korkus.com: Amala’ Meal Ends Life Of Woman And Her 3 Children,2 Others..

Advertisement

Advertisement - Mobile In-Article

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Amala’ Meal Ends Life Of Woman And Her 3 Children,2 Others..

Six people, including a mother, three of her children and two of their neighbours, on Tuesday lost their lives in Ogaminana area of Okene in Kogi after eating a meal made from cassava flour, popularly known as ‘amala.’



The Public Relations Officer of the Adavi Local Government, Mr. Abdulhamid Salahudeen told newsmen on phone that three of the victims died on Tuesday at the Okene General Hospital while the woman and two of her children had earlier died on Monday in their house.

Salahudeen said that the woman died along side three of her children, two sons and a daughter, adding that two male children of her neighbour that partook in the meal also died .

He put the ages of the dead five children at between 9 and 15 years.
Salaudeen said that the mother had in the evening of Sunday, October 30 brought the cassava flour (white Amala) from her farmland at Ohuepe village.
He said that the woman prepared a dinner from the cassava flour for the family and extended the food to her neighbour.
The officer said the victims later went to bed but developed severe stomach pain over the night which later resulted in the death of the woman and two of her children.

He said that neighbours who sensed that the sudden deaths might be due to the cassava flour dinner quickly rushed the remaining three children that partook in the eating to Okene General Hospital where they died on Tuesday.

Salaudeen stated that the authority of the local government believed that the cassava flour was poisoned and had informed the police for appropriate action.
A senior nursing officer at the Okene General Hospital, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the death of the three victims at the hospital on Tuesday .
The nurse said that the victims were brought in late Monday afternoon.

PM NeWS



43 comments:

  1. They died because they ate Amala? This can't be true, someone must have poisoned them.

    Your comment will be visible after approval.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James' hater2 November 2016 at 10:59

      I don't think anyone got them poisoned. I don't know how to process amala and I've not tasted it before and I'm not planning to that. If it's really the amala that got them killed, their relatives should take the remnants to a lab to get it tested. You don't just sit at home and draw conclusions. A pathologist should also be involved, so the true cause of their death will be known

      Delete
  2. Chai eiyaaah this is so sad

    God protect us from what we eat ooo


    Missylynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm may this never be our portion ijn because if nt poison what is nw the cause of their death? I guess they re living in a face me I face you kind of house where their kitchen is being shared if not this kind of a thing wouldn't happened in an organized compound. Dis is a big lost. I really feel for them. Rip to the death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White berry ehhhhhhhhh, stopeeeeeet na.

      Delete
    2. So its only people DT live in a face me aparte DT are prone to being poisoned abi?u DT is living in an organized compound how is ur life?

      Delete
    3. Choi!!!....is a big loss**whiteberry, not lost.After happened, then lost- smal smal na....dont bother thanking

      Delete
  4. This is sad, very sad!!
    Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James' hater2 November 2016 at 11:03

      And let the perpetual light shine upon them.

      Delete
  5. Stella,a meal from cassava flour is called lafun not amala. Amala is a meal from yam flour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh My jezzz...chai the cyanide in that cassava killed them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dat Cute Little Angel2 November 2016 at 10:26

    So painful....six lives gone just like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad, what would have really caused this?sure they have been eating from that same amala before, God please continue guiding us

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really really really SAAAAAAD

    ReplyDelete
  10. the flour must have been contaminated from the farm it's not necessarily an human poisoning the food

    ReplyDelete
  11. may their soul rest in peace.my love for amala can't be diminished.sigh,just give me amala,gbegiri and ewedu with plenty of shaki,fukun,round about and isan eran.#food mood#

    ReplyDelete
  12. so so sad to hear may their gentle continue to rest on

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmmm, may their soul find eternal peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Almost every time people die after eating amala, check the story very well, it's the white amala. The process of preparing the black amala ensures that it stays on fire for some time while the white amala is made with boiled water, off fire. Mind you, white amala is flour, not garri that has been fried. I don't really know how to explain this, but that stuff needs to be cooked thoroughly on fire before eating. I love white amala and when i make it, i make sure it goes on fire, i don't care how it turns out, as long as it is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Princess Scheherazade2 November 2016 at 11:06

    Cyanide poisoning?
    Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing came to my mind

      Delete
    2. Cyanide kwa?sims u watch to much American movies,try Naija own OK?u would then learn ow to comment in beta terms

      Delete
  16. this is so sad to hear, that's why we all need to be very careful of whom we share food with. may God keep us all save and sound. may their soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah. So sad. May they rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sad! May their souls rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. RIP to them.
    I just hope there's no foul play in this matter. Hope the woman wasn't fraustrated with economic hardship and decided to take this route. They shld investigate her mental disposition in days before dis. ( I forget say we no get CSI for naija).
    Or could it be the cassava plant used was sprayed with insecticide. Who knows, poor kids.
    And for the neighbours kidsss. Hmmmmm
    This is exactly why I don't let my baby eat out in anyone's house except it's my parents house. This is just sad. I feel for the kids involved especially.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cassava that is not properly fermented contains a poisonous substance called cyanide, it's possible that the family ingested amala dat wasn't properly processed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a loss! So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  22. And i want to eat amala today. May God help me.

    RIP to the family. Painful

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so sad.
    It could be excess cyanide consumption

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's Lafun. Amala is made from yam. Not cassava

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a loss. May their soul RIP

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of StellaDimokoKorkus.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact Stelladimokokorkus.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact StellaDimokoKorkus.com Via

Sdimokokorkus@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +4915210329280