The figure rose to N15.997 trillion following the latest disbursement of N3.007 trillion for July, the highest monthly allocation recorded so far this year.
The Federation Account Allocation Committee, FAAC, approved the July allocation at its meeting held in Owerri, Imo State, according to a statement issued on Tuesday by the spokesperson for the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, Bawa Mokwa.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Thursday received Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, at the State House, Abuja, barely five days after the governor secured a second term in office in a keenly contested governorship election. Adeleke arrived at the State House at about 5:20 pm and was driven through the forecourt directly to the President’s office, where he immediately went into a closed-door meeting with Tinubu.
**********
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has criticised the presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, Atiku Abubakar, over his position on fuel subsidy, describing his economic proposals as inconsistent. He faulted Atiku’s recent criticism of the Federal Government’s economic policies, particularly his position on fuel subsidy, arguing that the former Vice President had taken different positions on the issue at different times.
***********
Another 83 Nigerians have voluntarily returned home from South Africa following reported xenophobic attacks in the country. The latest return brings the number of Nigerians repatriated from South Africa under the voluntary return exercise to about 1,573. The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kimiebi Ebienfa, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.
**********
At least 52 bodies, including those of 11 family members, have been buried following a boat accident in Gorau town, Goronyo Local Government Area of Sokoto State. The boat, which was carrying farmers and workers to their rice farms, capsized at about 8:30 am on Wednesday while crossing a waterway.
***********
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, are investigating the utilisation of the N12 billion Federal Government intervention fund released to the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, to settle outstanding players’ wages, bonuses and other national team obligations. The development was disclosed by the NFF in a letter dated August 18, 2026.
**********
The Police Command in Lagos State has detained six suspects following a viral video showing miscreants allegedly harassing motorists on the road. The command’s spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, disclosed this in a post shared on her X handle on Thursday while reacting to the video showing miscreants allegedly attempting to damage a vehicle’s side mirror.
**********
The Special Adviser to President Bola Tinubu on Media and Public Communication, Sunday Dare, has criticised former Vice President Atiku Abubakar over his pledge to restore petrol subsidy if elected president in 2027. Dare described the proposal as deceptive and capable of undermining the country’s economic recovery. He stated this in a statement on Thursday following Atiku’s declaration that he would reverse the subsidy removal if elected.
**********
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has opposed the bail application filed by 10 defendants arrested during a raid on an alleged clandestine methamphetamine laboratory in a forest in Ogun State. The agency said the defendants are part of an alleged organised network involved in the production and trafficking of methamphetamine, as well as the acquisition and transportation of precursor chemicals.
**********
The member representing Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency of Kano State, Abdulmumin Jibrin says President Bola Tinubu has performed excellently and rewarded Kano with more than 40 key political appointments in the Federal Government. Jibrin argued that the appointments demonstrate the President’s commitment to the state and provide a strong reason for the people of Kano to support him.
************
No fewer than 10 abducted persons were rescued by troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, across Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states. According to a statement by the Media Information Officer, Joint Task Force (North West), Operation FANSAN YAMMA, Lieutenant Colonel Aliyu Danja, the victims were rescued in separate operations across the three states.
Feom daiypost
Juicy Federal allocation, yet most states are nothing to write home about. Talk about Internally generated revenues, how many states in naija can point any achievement towards bettering the lives of their people ?
ReplyDeleteOccupational hazard 🥲 May God comfirt the bereaved families.
They will share allocation and some governor will not use it for the betterment of the state. RIP to those 52 persons. It's not easy at all.
ReplyDelete